Friday, July 27, 2012

All Blessings Are A Done Deal in Christ

"By his divine power, God has already given us everything we need for life and godliness, through our knowledge of Him." (2 Peter 1:3-4)
"God has already blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ." (Ephesians 1:3)

God has already given me every blessing. All I need to do is learn about what He has already given and use it. I don't have to beg & scratch to get. I already have everything because God has already given it all. It is much easier to use something you already have than it is to try to get something you don't have. God is so good to us that He made it easier than the vast majority of us have ever imagined.

Obviously I miss out on a lot if I refuse to follow God's direction but that is not what I'm talking about here. Most have been taught that God's blessings are dependent on our behavior/performance. But like salvation they are not. For those who have trusted Jesus salvation is a done deal, removal of sin is a done deal, healing is a done deal, ALL needs & ALL blessings are a done deal.

"Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all,
how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?"

(Romans 8:32)

No comments:

Post a Comment