Friday, March 27, 2009

In Context: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

What is often said: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

What the Bible actually says:
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." -Paul, from Philippians 4:11-13

I can be content through Christ who strengthens me! =O

See these posts for more:  Contentment and Disappointment, In Context: "Forsake not.." & "I can do all things.." Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment