Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Thoughts on Christians Not Needing to Confess Sins

I learned that God does not want me counting my sins up because I have been cleansed of them & He does not count anything against me (2 Corinthians 5:19).
My experience where I don't need to confess sins for any reason is infinitely better than when I did. I used to believe that I had to confess sins to God but the release & forgiveness I felt was merely the first tastes of who God is & of His power.

"As a man thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7). You limit your experience of God by believing in this falsehood. When you put conditions on God you will live by those conditions even when He is not putting those conditions on you. He offers you a feast of cleansing, power to overcome, fellowship, & joy but the condition of "I should still confess my sins" gives you only a taste of His wonderful love.

Acknowledgement of fault can be ok but it is unnecessary. I trust God will walk me out of what He wants to walk me out of. Because of what Jesus did God promises to no longer remember our sins (Hebrews 8:12,10:17). Nowhere does scripture suggest that this promise to forget is contingent upon continual confession of sins. You have to add the words "if you confess your sins" to countless scriptures to support the idea that Christians are required to confess sins to God. That means in God's eyes I can't "acknowledge it" because He keeps no record of it. "Love keeps no record of wrongs." "God is love."

God wants to convince me of my righteous spirit not of my unrighteous flesh. I don't need to ask for forgiveness to experience it. I walk in His abundant forgiveness every day beyond what I could have imagined years ago. Sin has no power over me (Romans 6:14). If "I" sin it is my flesh that does it & not my spirit (1 John 3:9, 5:18). God does not identify me by my flesh & neither should I (2 Corinthians 5:16 & Romans 8:9). However if I harm someone else I will take the loving route to making amends.

No comments:

Post a Comment