Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We Are Loved as He is Loved

In John 17:20-23 Jesus prayed, "I am not praying only on their (the apostles) behalf, but also on behalf of those who trust in me through their testimony (us, all Christians throughout time), that they will all be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray that they will be in us, so that the world will trust that you sent me. The glory you gave to me I have given to them (God does share His glory, with us), that they may be one just as we are one – I in them and you in me – that they may be completely one, so that the world will know that you sent me, and you have loved them just as you have loved me."

Jesus explained in John 17:23 that God the Father loves you just as much as He loves Jesus. Jesus prayed this as He was pouring out His heart to the Father just before He went to the cross. Jesus said that He wants the world to know that the Father loves you just as much as He loves Jesus. So certainly He wants you to know that also.

God's purpose for us all is to grow in the understanding of how much God loves you. You can pray to God daily something like "God make me aware of how you are loving me today and what you are giving me today. Show me yourself so I can get a grip on what your love looks like in the middle of whatever I am doing."

God intends for you to experience His grace both for your salvation and daily for your life. His grace is His permanent disposition of love for you and His gracious kindness towards you. Grace is the basis for the way we live in Christ. It is understanding that He is loving toward us and that He is giving. When we look for His loving and His giving that is the best way to be living.

No comments:

Post a Comment