Friday, July 13, 2012

I No Longer Run From God

I realized that I haven't experienced "running from God" in my life for well over a year. It used to happen at least twice a month. Here are the reasons why I no longer run from God:

I now know that both faith and believe mean trust & that my trust in Him grows from realizing how much He loves me. I know that He loves me unconditionally. I know that He has forgiven me of all my sins past, present, & future. I know that He has promised to never be angry with me & He never is. I know I cannot offend Him. I know He holds nothing I do against me. I know He is always with me & never breaks fellowship with me because of something I've done. I know that He does not require me to confront Him in prayer with a list of my recent failures. I know what it means to be born again, I have been given a spirit created in the likeness of God that is perfect like He is so now He does not identify me by my flesh, faults, & failures.

Now I never want to hide. I just want to stay by His side. Who would want to run from a God who is as endearing as this?

1 comment:

  1. When we are not afraid, we can stay close and absorb what He is giving us!

    ReplyDelete