- The law makes people guilty to where they owe God.
Jesus paid everyone's debt & offers to remove everyone's guilt.
- The law does not justify even with complete obedience.
Jesus justifies regardless of our deeds.
- The Law brings the knowledge of sin.
Jesus takes away the consciousness of sin.
- The Law brings wrath.
Jesus brings peace.
- The law charges people with sin.
Jesus does not charge people with sin.
- The law increases transgressions.
Jesus turns people from their wicked ways.
- The law makes sin your master.
Jesus is your master through the loving-favor of His grace.
- The law arouses our bodies to bear fruit for death.
Jesus bears good fruit for God & others through us.
- The law binds.
- The law brings sin to life & sin kills us.
Jesus kills sin & brings us to life.
- The law is too great a burden for any person to bear including the apostles, prophets, & Moses.
Jesus' burden is so light you'll hardly notice it because His "burden" is His arm around you.
- The law could not condemn or weaken sin in our flesh.
God condemned sin in His flesh for us all removing its power over us.
- The law empowers sin.
Jesus condemned sin & broke its power over us.
- The law cannot give you the Spirit of God.
Jesus sends His Spirit into our hearts.
- The law cannot produce miracles even if we obey it as hard as we can.
Jesus is able to perform miracles when we trust Him.
- The law curses you for not obeying every bit of it.
Jesus became a curse for you so that you would never be cursed.
- The law is not based on God's promises to us.
Jesus has given us His very great and precious promises which allow us to participate in His divine nature.
- The law was temporary.
Jesus & His love for us is eternal.
- The law cannot give life even if you keep all of it all of the time.
Jesus gives eternal life freely to those who come to Him.
- Law keeping blinds you to Christ & His grace toward you.
Jesus illuminates your righteousness through Him & His loving-favor toward you.
- Adherence to the law prevents you from being led by the Spirit.
Jesus is the life giving Spirit who leads you.
- Keeping the law is a reason to boast in the flesh.
Knowing Jesus is a reason to boast in the Spirit of our Lord.
- The law separated Jew & Gentile.
Jesus abolished the law to make Jews & Gentiles into one new man.
- The law charges us with guilt for our actions.
Jesus sets us free from the guilt our actions may cause us to have.
- The law only has power through the obedience of physical requirements.
Jesus has the power of indestructible life.
- The Law made nothing perfect.
Jesus makes God perfectly satisfied & God's children perfect in Spirit.
- The law appointed weak & mortal humans as high priests.
The perfect Son of God Jesus is appointed as high priest forever.
- The law's sacrifices & offerings were not desired by God, He took no pleasure in them.
Jesus' sacrifice was God's desire before the world was made, it pleased God & pleases us too.
- The law makes someone who keeps all but one law as guilty as someone who keeps only one law.
Jesus removes our guilt & never charges us with guilt.
- The law is based on human works.
We know Jesus by trusting Him.
- The law was a shadow of good things yet to come, not the things themselves
Jesus is the reality of good things right now.
- The law cannot free us.
Jesus frees us from all things.