Friday, January 25, 2013

Dare to Believe that God is No Longer Counting Your Sins

I have yet to encounter a single person who disagrees with my views on sin & God's love legitimately confront what 2 Corinthians 5:19 says,
"God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, no longer charging to them their sins."

Not a one of them are willing to believe it or tell me that it doesn't mean what it says. They just go on choosing to believe that God charges them with sin & that He will shame them on judgment day with a video of every bad thing they've ever done. They claim to believe in the authority of scripture, that is unless it disagrees with what they've been indoctrinated to believe, then they just ignore it.

By saying this some might think I'm puffed up with knowledge but the fact is I am built up in love, built up in Jesus's love for me. And I want others to see His love for them. I used to believe that I should confess sins & repent of them but I found out I was wrong, that repent does not mean "turn from sin" in the New Testament Greek & that 1 John 1:9, the only scripture about confession, refers only to salvation, not to day to day Christian living.

People are saved by trusting Jesus to know Him. The barrier of sin was taken care of on the cross & that is what 2 Corinthians 5:19 is about. Your victory over sin & freedom from the power of sin because of Christ is beyond anything you've ever imagined. When I believed that I needed to repent & confess I literally could not have imagined if I tried the truth of what it means to be dead to sin. "He is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).

I don't feel, in any stretch of the imagination that I lack God. My need of Him is constantly fulfilled. Jesus said "whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst again." He came to give us abundant life, not on-again off-again forgiveness, on-again off-again presence, on-again off-again grace. Of course we do reap what we sow. I am not sowing to a mind set on the flesh & its sinful deeds. My mind is set on the spirit & the perfection thereof.

I have dared to believe that God took my sins away, He does not charge me with sin as His child, He remembers my sins & lawless deeds no more, He takes none of my sins into account, He freed me from sin, sin's power over me has been ended by Jesus, I am no longer in my sins, no longer in my flesh, He made me die to sin with Him, He rescued me from the domain of darkness, forgiven everything there ever has been or ever will be needed to be forgiven, He cleansed me & purified me from all sin, sin has no power to separate me from Him, He released me from my sins by His blood.

And yeah every one of those things are in scripture. Compare that to the ONE place in scripture that talks about God convicting of sin & ONE place where it talks about people confessing their sins. It should be obvious then that both of those places have been misapplied to pertain to Christians.

"Let us throw off the sin that so easily entangles us. Jesus despises shame. So instead of shame let us instead fix our eyes upon Jesus. His trustworthiness creates & completes our trust in Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment