Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jesus or Traditions?

That's strange... I don't remember Jesus ever talking about pastors, preachers, reverends, sermons, or seminaries.
But I do remember Him saying, "Do not be called leaders because Christ is your only leader & you are all brothers." (Matthew 23:10)

Hmmm.. I don't remember Jesus ever saying anything about church services, church buildings, offering plates, classes, or sunday school. I don't even remember Him telling anyone to read the bible.
But I do remember Him saying, "The traditions of men stop the truth of God." (Mark 7:13)

I know Christians today talk about these things all the time. It seems like if these things were essential Jesus would have talked about them ALL the time too. It seems like if these things were important Jesus would have said SOMETHING.


See our Leadership page for related posts

No comments:

Post a Comment